Discover Puravi's mental health tips, her meditation journey and her favourite song to play on piano right now.
This month, we're challenging to get mindful in the name of #MindfulMarch.
What's Mindful March?
Mindful March is a challenge encouraging you to do five minutes of mindfulness every day for a month.
Five minutes of mindfulness could mean...
- Practising mindful eating every morning when you eat breakfast 🥞
- Going on a daily mindful walk 🚶♀️
- Doing a five-minute mindfulness meditation every day 🧘♀️
You can spend your five minutes however you like! It isn't necessarily about changing what you do, but the way you do it: bringing more intention and awareness into your daily life.
The only requirement is that whatever you're doing, it has to be #mindful.
What is mindfulness?
Mindfulness is all about bringing awareness to the sensations of the present moment. It's a skill that, with practice, you can get better at over time, and which you can incorporate into all areas of your life.
In our busy, technological lives, we're rarely fully immersed in the present moment. We're scrolling, swiping, Netflixing. We're ruminating about the past or worrying about the future.
Mindfulness helps us to come back to the present: to reconnect with our bodies and to fully engage with the world around us.
What's so great about being mindful?
Mindfulness can help us...
- Improve our concentration and focus
- Become more appreciative of the little things in life
- Feel less overwhelmed by anxieties about the past or future
- Reconnect with our bodies
To feel the benefits of mindfulness, we need to incorporate it into our daily lives: it needs to become habitual. And how do you build a habit? Consistency.
That's where Mindful March comes in: helping you build a habit by practising a little bit every day - until being mindful becomes automatic!
One more thing 👀
Oh, and did we mention? We're also running a competition throughout the month of March, featuring some very exciting mindful prizes.
To take part...
- Take a photo of your profile or results screen in the MindLabs app, showing at least 5 mindful minutes.
- Share it on your Instagram story and tag us within the month of March.
Here are the prizes up for grabs:
- An annual MindLabs subscription
- A 1-2-1 mindfulness session with our Head of Mindfulness Anne-Sophie
- A MindLabs swag box
You’ll need to have a MindLabs account to take part in the competition (we’re only on iOS devices in the UK and Europe right now).
Not on the app yet?
Not able to access the MindLabs app? You can still take part in the Mindful March challenge!
Let us know how you're getting mindful this March in the comments below.